[Wolves] Smoothwall

Lee Jordan wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 23:26:00 2003

Is Smoothie supposed to show up on the network? I have set the GREEN NIC to
be 192.168.1.1 and set the gateway on my windows machine (parents machine)
to point to the GREEN NIC at 192.168.1.1. Am I doing something horribly
wrong, because I still can't reach the web interface on
http://192.168.1.1:80 or http://smoothwall:81 from my windows machine

Also when I use the DHCP server I get a bizzare IP of 169.7.11.177 or
something outside of my start and end range which is 192.168.1.10 to .20 ..
argh! It's the web interface I just can't get to it, DHCP works and as far
as I know (there is no net connection to smootie) the Gateway setings seem
to be working as IP address are being dished out

DNS : 192.168.1.2 and .3
GW : 192.168.1.1

Any ideas?
Cheers