[Wolves] Verisign dns typosquatters

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 22 11:37:00 2003

There is an online petition against Verisign, who as
the 'steward' of the .com and .net have taken it upon
themselves to provide their own search page that
intercepts malformed or non existent .com and .net
urls and reminds me of the parasitic search hijackers
installed by certain ad-sponsored p2p programs under
Windows.

I find this irritating in the extreme as rather than
get an error message leaving me to alter my previous
url, I now get taken to a Verisign page making me
retype the entire url, search using verisign, or head
to google as my preferred search engine.

This is a small thing really, but it is really
irritating and I consider it to be an abuse of
position.

The petition is at http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

Ad

=====