[Wolves] Mepis

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Thu Apr 1 10:34:20 BST 2004

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
> Does anyone have any thoughts on why Red Hat derivatives appear to have
> been more successful than Debian derivatives?

I suspect because Suse and Mandrake have been around longer. There
weren't any Debian derivatives really, until Knoppix, and suddenly
there are a massive proliferation of Knoppix-based things. I think
that they're still perceived as live-cds, though, which quite a few of
them (and me :)) are working hard to change.

Aq.

--
"Out of the frying pan and into the very same, identical frying-pan.
 Smegging great."