[Wolves] BBC

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 12:11:32 BST 2004

Hi,

Right, I am sick and tired of this childish behaviour.

Peter, you have been warned on many an occassion about
email ettiquette. The last mail I posted was about how
to trim messages. The reason why sparkes went off on
one was because you have consistently ignored comments
from the list about it. Although bad language is kept
to a minimum on this list, sparkes was evidently very
angry.

Since this LUG has been going (over four years now) we
have never had any problems like this. Since you have
joined you have accused us of having an inner, elitest
group and although I have made this clear to you that
this is not the case, you continued to refer to this
in a recent message. This group is not elitest and I
am sick of hearing you claim that it is.

This mailing list is here to serve the Wolves LUG
community. If you do not respect the conventions of
this community you will be removed. This is your final
warning. People have made suggestions in the past to
make things easier but you have constantly ignored
them. We have a diverse and interesting range of
people on this list and some of your claims undermines
these good people.

This list, as like any other, does have some loose
rules of thumb. We don't generally like HTML in emails
and we prefer it if emails are trimmed for easier
reading. Since you have joined this list you have
ignored these conventions without substantial argument
and although people have worked to help you with your
problems you have given little back to this community
I am not asking for you to know a lot about Linux and
answer peoples questions, but I would be impressed if
you would sometimes step back, admit you have been an
ass and get on with things.

Let me be crystal clear on this. I have nothing
against you Peter - I worked hard to get you on this
list without problems. I spend many hours reading
through mailman documentation and hanging around
mailing lists and IRC channels to solve the problems
that you encountered when you joined the list. You
rewarded this effort by accussing our community of
having an 'inner circle'.

>From now it is as simple as this - if things don't
change I will remove you from the list. I don't want
to do this and I have never even needed to consider it
in the last four years, but if things don't change I
will do it. This is to protect this community from
turning into a boiling part of argument and annoyance.

I really do hope you change things as I value every
member on this list, but if I have to do it, I will
have to do it.

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician