[Wolves] linux laptop

Steve Ruffles douseruffles at spruffles.plus.com
Thu Apr 1 22:27:54 BST 2004

Hi All,
I hope I'm not going over old ground, but I'd like your views on which
distro works well on laptops.
I have just bought a Dell Latitude C400 (off ebay), nice machine - light
and fast. I need wireless pmcia card access to our router.
Have found reviews relating to older verisons of redhat and suse that
seem unable to give decent graphics resolution (due to absence at that
time of decent driver for on board IBM graphic chip).
Does anyone have experience of newer versions of linux distros that
might just do the trick?
Thanks,
Steve Ruffles