[Wolves] Black Country LUG?

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 12:46:47 BST 2004

Hi,

> I would prefer a venue with more flexable seating
> arrangements so we can
> have the kind of get togethers we started with.  the
> current arrangement
> leaves us spread out too thinly and we are in danger
> of forming cliques
> and excluding potential members.  Already we have
> people sitting in
> similar positions each week and some people seem to
> be getting cut off
> at the ends of the table.  It would also be better
> to have a whiter wall
> to project on for the times we do have
> presentations.  Newbies have no
> contact now with the lug as a whole and might be put
> off by the cliquey
> atmosphere.  Not the freindly atmosphere we always
> endevoured to have.
> Let's not lose the atmosphere for the sake of a
> cheap curry ;-)

I think this is a really good point sparkes. I think
we need to ensure that we don't have a cliquey
atmosphere, but I think this is something that can be
aovided with conversations that involve the whole room
as opposed to little groups have seperate
conversations. We naturally sit in similar places as
this is a fairly normal thing to do, but I just think
we need to ensure that conversations involve everyone,
and everyone should feel welcome to chip in. Obviously
plucking up the courage to chip in (for a newcomer)
can take a few meetings until you feel you know the
ropes.

I am happy at the standard and I want to keep the LUG
in Wolves. I am happy for people to suggest
alternative venues in Wolves too.

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician