[Wolves] Black Country LUG?

TriG carl at fr0st.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 12:54:24 BST 2004

> I think this is a really good point sparkes. I think
> we need to ensure that we don't have a cliquey
> atmosphere, but I think this is something that can be
> aovided with conversations that involve the whole room
> as opposed to little groups have seperate
> conversations. We naturally sit in similar places as
> this is a fairly normal thing to do, but I just think
> we need to ensure that conversations involve everyone,
> and everyone should feel welcome to chip in. Obviously
> plucking up the courage to chip in (for a newcomer)
> can take a few meetings until you feel you know the
> ropes.

I agree with what you say here Jono, and I feel that as newcomers enter
the group we need to make them feel welcome. Perhaps having them sit in
the middle of everyone? Not so that the spot light is on them but so
that they feel part of the group? I think this was a problem when,
(excuse me for not knowing his name and refering to him/you as this) the
hard of hearing guy attended.. We don't push anyone away and we ain't
seen to do that either, from what I can see.. We just need to bring
newbies closer to us, so that they can feel involved..

Perhaps new members could stand for 2 mins and just tell us who they
are, when they use Linux etc? Non-criticisum or anything, just an
introduction to who they are, that should make them feel part of
WolvesLUG..

My views

> I am happy at the standard and I want to keep the LUG
> in Wolves. I am happy for people to suggest
> alternative venues in Wolves too.

Wolves is good for me, although I'm not in Wolves, its only a 40 mins
drive from me.

>   Jono

TriG