[Wolves] Black Country LUG?

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:16:08 BST 2004

On 6/4/04 12:53 pm, "TriG" <carl at fr0st.co.uk> wrote:
> I agree with what you say here Jono, and I feel that as newcomers enter
> the group we need to make them feel welcome. Perhaps having them sit in
> the middle of everyone? Not so that the spot light is on them but so
> that they feel part of the group? I think this was a problem when,
> (excuse me for not knowing his name and refering to him/you as this) the
> hard of hearing guy attended.. We don't push anyone away and we ain't
> seen to do that either, from what I can see.. We just need to bring
> newbies closer to us, so that they can feel involved..
>
> Perhaps new members could stand for 2 mins and just tell us who they
> are, when they use Linux etc? Non-criticisum or anything, just an
> introduction to who they are, that should make them feel part of
> WolvesLUG..
>
> My views

I agree with some of your views, but as a newbie myself I am not sure as to
the standing in the middle giving a description of myself and why I use
linux. I think it could be taken as being a little intimidating to do so,
esp with so many scary ppl around lol.
Wouldn¹t it just be easier to make a point of talking to the new person so
they don¹t feel left out etc, rather than emotionally torturing them.

I'm making sure I am coming to the next meet (tomorrow) by the way, but wont
be able to show until after 9, so just wodnering where ppl will be then? Cuz
I cant believe it'll just be standard curry then home when finished those
spunky pies??