[Wolves] Cars

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Tue Apr 6 13:26:08 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 13:12, David Goodwin wrote:
> Right, ever so slightly off topic here...
>
> Where do people go to when buying / selling car(s)? We visited Car Craft
> yesterday, and didn't think much of it.... the cars seem over priced
> (perhaps I'm stingy?) and they were only going to offer 200 quid for our
> current motor (1994 clio).
I always buy private but it takes balls to know you are not being ripped
off.  I once brought a ringer (but it was 200 quid and I got 100 quid
off a scrappy for it so I didn't lose that much)

Your clio is still a desirable car (ideal first car, blah, blah) so you
will get more money selling private as well.  My sister just got 200
quid trade in on a 1995 metro with low miles and full service history so
I wouldn't advise trading it in.

Also if you are financing a car go to the bank and not the showroom and
you will save thousands over 3 years.

> I'm kind of tempted to stick with fish4 and stuff....

I would
> David.
sparkes