[Wolves] credit card signatures etc

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 16:53:27 BST 2004

Hi David

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 16:45, David Goodwin wrote:

> I bet they (pizza places) love it - it stops them delivering pizza to
> abandoned buildings etc. (Think: Futurama), or having to decipher what
> someone said.
>
> I assume it fails if you're ex-directory.

Yeah I would have thought so. Now it gets better, because you place an
order they can log your address with a simple database program then keep
a check on what you order and how often.

The proof of this is a letter they sent me (obviously automated) saying
according to their records I hadn't ordered for a while and if I did I
could get some freebies.

Now is this smart business sense or something more sinister? Keep in
mind who can access the data and what it could be used for by the
Italians.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy