[Wolves] credit card signatures etc

david at openminds.co.uk david at openminds.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 19:31:30 BST 2004

> A bit like now, did you know GCHQ monitor email? (And before anyone
> starts shouting there was a report on it a few months back when the new
> rules came out regarding email) so big brother is watching you.

I've heard that they are trying to treat the internet as the traditional
phone system - i.e. ISPs have to be able to log all packets a certain
user sends for GCHQ etc if necessary. I think in practicality this is
too difficult to do for everyone as it would be too much data. I'm also
interested to know quite how they plan to capture e.g. gpg signed
messages.... yes I know they have some serious computing power, but even
then it will take time (a few days or weeks) to crack a single encrypted
email...

</ramble>

david.
--