[Wolves] MCSE 'again'

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 15:01:04 BST 2004

> Sorry SO =Significant other.
>  Dan knows her and he can vouch that shes a gr8 woman but shes slightly
> intellectually challenged, though shes now got her own fedora box and she
> can use vi better than me.
> Its only cuz I was brought up on emacs and that¹s my excuse.

<climbs up onto horse>

I'd have thought you'd need to be intellectually challenged to use an
editor which is larger than the Linux kernel, and written in a
programming language compromised almost entirely of brackets ( ) !! :-P

Vi[m]'s your best bet, as Emacs is almost bound not to work when the box
is a bit broken and /usr can't be mounted as it's on a different disk
which is ever so slightly broken at that point in time.

Seriously however, "vi" is _always_ on a Unix/Linux box, and for this
point it is worth knowing at least how to edit a file.

Have I worn my pro vi t-shirt at the lug yet ?

And yeah, I know I'm blurring the line between vi and vim, and they are
ever so slightly different...

</climbs down from horse>

David.