[Wolves] Morphix and wolverhampton science park

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 10:43:48 BST 2004

Peter Cannon wrote:
> Hi Simon
>
> Seeing as you are the Morphix expert, I downloaded the live eval disk
> and thought it was great so wanted to load it on a spare laptop I have
> but, heres the rub, it is a digital Hinote no CD capability apart from
> PCMCIA I installed the Morphix onto the hard drive by popping the hdd
> into a PC using an adaptor. I can boot the hard drive when it is in the
> PC but if I try with it in the laptop I get kernel panic. How can I get
> a running morphix mini on the Digital Hinote.

Hi,

Has the disk changed relative position - e.g. was it a primary slave or
secondary master etc in the desktop, and then a primary master in the
laptop? If so, you'll need to edit/change the bootloader (grub or lilo)
appropriately.

If you can give us more info (e.g. what the kernel panic message was,
which bootloader you're using, and it's current config file (probably
either /etc/lilo.conf or /boot/grub/menu.lst)

Thanks
David.