[Wolves] Fool and his money

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 14:17:54 BST 2004

Hi Sparkes
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 13:39, sparkes wrote:

> free (as in beer) software can sometimes be free (as speech), free (as
> in speech) can always free (as in beer).

I've never really understood this very clever response? I didn't word my
mail right I wasn't talking about free software I was saying that
basically you can get some cracking software for next to nothing from
mags at present so don't make the mistake of going out and buying the
software.

Downloaded software is not free that myth needs re-adjusting, I or
someone else has to pay for the phone call or broadband service, if like
me you can download at work you still pay another way by perhaps paying
for a disk to burn it or working over to make up for the perk.

> There are no restrictions at all (and no cost for downloads) if you
> stick to debian ;-)

If you've looked at some earlier postings today you will see I would
like to test out morphix which I believe is a deb package?

Plus I will get back to you regarding software for your DEC 433MP

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

I sit on a mans back chocking him and making him carry me
and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for
him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible except
getting off his back!
--Tolstoy