[Wolves] Morphix/Debian and CD drives

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 15:12:50 BST 2004

Aquarius wrote:

> /dev/cdrom ought to be a symlink. ls -l /dev/cdrom will tell you if
> this is the case (it'll tell you what it points to, too, after the
> "->"). It will probably be a symlink to /dev/hdc.

I'll have to check again when I get home but I'm pretty sure /dev/cdrom
points to nowt at the moment.

> Gnome should Just Work with your CD drive, though...

Yes, I'd have thought so, but it doesn't seem to this time :( I think
Morphix failed to pick either drive up. I need to go through a manual
process of adding them to my setup, but I'm kinda struggling to find
material on the web about how to do it.

Incidentally, how do I get my mounted hard drives and other drives to
automatically appear on my Gnome desktop?

--

Cheers,

Matthew Revell.

www.lugradio.org - radio for Linux and open source fans