[Wolves] Fool and his money

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 18:47:56 BST 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 12:14, Simon Burke wrote:
> On 13/4/04 11:30 am, "Peter Cannon" <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>
>
> wrote:
> > Current offerings:
> >
> > Suse 9
> > Mandrake 10
> > Lindows (4.5 I think, pretty sure its the latest version)
> >
> > All full product no restrictions.
>
> Usually I though they just give you a download version or equivalent, a
> slightly less version than the fulll though your only missing a few apps
> which can be easily downloaded. I'm not sure how this is for the like of
> suse, but  I think I have the publishing edition of redhat nine (on two
> discs) lying about as it came with a book I bought.
> So it may well be the Os but you wont get everything you get with the
> boxset

Red Hat 9 was included on the cover of Linux User and Developer at the time of
the last Linux show I went to, and consisted of a set of 3 CDs. These same 3
CDs were also sold as (IIRC) "Red Hat Linux 9 Standard Edition", together
with the corresponding 3 CDs of source code and 1 documentation CD. Other
editions ("Professional", "Deluxe", etc) included additional CDs containing
full versions or demos of various commercial applications and games together
with additional reference manuals.