[Wolves] Fool and his money

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 09:59:28 BST 2004

Morning Ad

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 02:21, Adam Sweet wrote:

> I see you point Peter, but I guess you can at least
> take some solace that you put your money where your
> mouth is and helped support the Linux community in a
> way that some vendors really do need. Mandrake have
> only just come out of administration after nearly
> going bust. Not that SUSE are likely to have that
> problem with Novell holding the reins these days...

Ahhrgg now you've given me a guilt trip! To be truthful I didn't mind
paying, not for any morel reason although as you say it is a
contribution. I was happy with what I figured was a fair price for Suse.

I am in favour of evaluation disks, but the name says it all
"Evaluation" if the product is free say Knoppix (Just an example no
bricks please) then fine give away the full product, with regards to
stuff like Suse who are trying to go down the path of "pay for product"
then maybe it might be fairer to those who have paid full price, to make
sure it is only available as a boxed retail product.

Maybe an ideal situation would be something free for learners that has
bits donated by the big boys (who ever they are?) then it would be up to
the individual to decide if they want to pay or not once they have
gained sufficient knowledge.

I await the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -Shakespeare

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain,
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."