[Wolves] sourceforge?

Tom Mortimer-Jones tmj at tc.bham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 15 14:46:10 BST 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 3:12 pm, sparkes wrote:
> how do you get accepted by sourceforge these days?

They accepted my project recently, no hassle.

> I am currently engaged in a discussion with one of the support guys
> about why I think I have a worthwhile project when I noticed his user id
> number is not only higher than mine it is 590000! higher.

What is he saying is wrong with your project? I thought as long as its open
source and legal they don't have a problem. (I'm not suggesting yours is
either of these) My id is about 260000 higher than yours, registered 18
months later. Maybe the support people get new accounts when they become
support people?

> Does this mean there are really more than 1/2 million people registered
> to develop open source projects there or have I missed the point?

I guess it does, that doesn't mean they've contributed anything.

Anyway good luck with getting your project accepted.

Tom.