[Wolves] Video capture/ streamer error

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 16:38:36 BST 2004

I normally run streamer via a Btb848 TV card to capture live video off
my webcam, and this works well.

On adding another card (an Btb878), the new card is detected and shows
in hardware browser correctly, but when I then run streamer with an
option /dev/video1 (or video0) to select the card i want, X crashes and
i have to reboot.

Any tips?

Supplementary question:
I have been using streamer to cature a jpeg every 1/4 second as this
allows:
1)latest image to be displayed via web
2)lower storage requirements.

If I wanted to save as avi's , how could I pull a 'latest frame' from
the avi for the web and/or watch the current avi before the curent
capture chunk finished?