[Wolves] Same time dual boot

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Fri Apr 23 21:27:50 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 21:14, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi,

> I want the whole system to run though. I don't want to
> have to install all the seperate packages and
> recompile my kernel again for the new system. It seems
> like a fairly obvious requirement but it is not clear
> if it is supported in any of the systems. Matt: thanks
> for looking on the VMWare site by the way. :)

you could possiblly share everything if the virtual machine is a clone
of your machine. but I wouldn't like to try it. Things like the kernel
would need to be different cos, with vmware at least, you will need
special kernel mods to make it all play nicely.

> > You could not use windows and run word in wine.  It
> > works 100% in
> > crossover and while you are paying for commercial
> > software it might as
> > well be one that helps free software.
>
> Hmmm, you know, I never considered this at all. I
> might look into it.
I can confirm that every application with silver or gold on the
crossover site works almost perfectly.  You won't notice any parts of
word that won't work.  In the past I ran photoshop, word, excel (bloody
vbscripts), and project using crossover.  Pretty much the last remaining
apps that people claim are 'needed' before they switch.

>   Jono

sparkes