[Wolves] XML editing

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Mon Apr 26 06:45:56 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 00:31, simon burke wrote:
> .
>
> Ahh, but until recently i have been using emacs and only just converted
> to vi. I spose i should of said this but im after something with a gui
> but not a wysiwyg editor.

if you use vi normally why not use gvim it makes the setup easy as pi
and will help you learn more about vi(m) on the command line cos the
*real* commands are listed as shortcuts to the gui ones.

I did a lot of xml file creation and editing last week and the syntax
highlighting is 100% perfect (mind you xml has got to have the easiest
syntax to write a highlighter for) you can use it for everything because
it is a general purpose editor and it has syntax highlighting for almost
everything you can imagine.

sparkes