[Wolves] Text size

Simon Burke SimonB at geek-web.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 14:23:48 BST 2004

Ok,
this is a bit of a weird done, can anyone tell me how big one plain text
(ASCII) character is in terms of bits or bytes?, i used to know but
completely forgotten. The only reason I ask is that i need to find how
much plain text data i can have in a 2Tb file. A strange request i know
and a 2Tb file is huge and i never intend to reach that size but i need
it to prove a point heh.

By the way, I'm bringing beer to the next lug meet as i didn't at the
expo ( i did offer beer to get beer which i didn't, so beer you shall
have better late than never and in all honesty the only reason i didn't
is as no one answered my request about where people would be on the
Wednesday, so im bringing carling, stella, banks original and a bit of
cider for the cider drinkers).