[Wolves] PGP

C J Coleman ug97cjc at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 12:34:44 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 12:25, Jon Farmer wrote:
> C J Coleman wrote:
> > The
> > same question can be asked about, "why steal/fake a passport?".
>
> Sorry Chris I miss your point here, care to elaborate?

He asked why somebody would use a stolen or fake passport in order to
gain a "trusted" identity - to me this is the same as asking, "why would
somebody steal/fake an identity?"  This question is obviously not
limited to the area we were discussing.  I was trying to get across
that many reasons for other forms of identity theft apply to this
"trusted" identity.  I was saying that you need not think, "why would
somebody steal/fake one of these Verisign identities?" as a separate
issue.  I understand that may still not seem very clear...

- Chris