[Wolves] PGP

Jon Farmer jonfarmer at enta.net
Thu Aug 12 17:01:23 BST 2004

Peter Evans wrote:

> If they haven't implemented real-time monitoring of ISP messages then they're
> still 'vulnerable' to time sensitive data being distributed in message
> content that cannot be accessed easily.  I've seen a few people advocating
> removing this possible vulnerability, citing it as a tool that undesirable
> elements could exploit.  I don't think it's going to get that far, but I do
> see the central repository idea becoming popular again.

Well as I understand it in regards to PGP. If a warrant is issued on one
of the following grounds.

1. Interest of National Security
2. Deduction or Prevention Of A Crime
3. Interest of UK economy.
4. David Blunkett sneezes.

then a key holder is obliged to release the private key and any
assoicated keys or passphrases.

Regards

Jon

--