[Wolves] Slackware

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 09:54:40 BST 2004

On Monday 16 Aug 2004 15:53, The wise and knowledgeable Peter Cannon
proclaimed:

> I may try a different vertical rate and see what happens but as it took so
> god dam long to get GUI up and running I'm a bit loathed to mess with it.
>
> I downloaded Icewm for Slackware this morning and intend to install that
> tonight (wife permitting) I don't think it will solve the screen problem
> but I'm hoping it will give me better functionality than fwm2 (I think
> thats what its called)

Well it finally happened the thing locks up in graphical mode apparently this
is a known bug with the Digital supposedly I had a couple of days but after 5
hours uptime it now locks. The guy who's install instructions I used said he
fixed his by going into /etc/XF86Config and turning off BitBlt but I cant
find any referance to it or maybe its short for something and I'm missing it
anyone got any ideas?

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"