[Wolves] ADSL Modem Router

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 23:14:30 BST 2004

 --- Tim T Humpherson <tim_matrix at tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hang on Ad,
>
> Is the P100 the one from DLink?  Upon looking up the
> internet, it looks like
> it's not an ADSL Modem/router unit?
>
> Perhaps I have barked up the wrong tree there?
> Enlighten me, please.

You certainly are. The P100 I was referring to is a
Pentium 100MHz PC suitable for use as a firewall using
Smoothwall. See http://smoothwall.org it's what a lot
of us are using as a firewall.

It would be easier to use an all in one
modem/router/firewall. Most of the ones mentioned on
here have been made by D-Link, Netgear and Linksys.
Look at those as the kind of thing you want. Then
compare any others against them.

I'm going to be away for about a week after tomorrow,
but post your opinion to the list and I'll get it
eventually.

Ad

=====
--