[Wolves] MMORPGs

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 15:28:02 BST 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 14:46, Matthew Revell wrote:
> ...Does anyone have any experience? Which is a good one to go for? Do any
> of them run on Linux? I'm not shelling out for Win XP (out of
> principle and tight-fistedness) to play a game.
At the risk of exposing myself (to ridicule)

Yup, I happen to play a couple of MMORPG's.  But that's not the worst, I have
to confess to playing them on XP.  (forgive me, for I have sinned...)

The world famous EQ (EverQuest, or more popularly known as EverCrack 'cos of
its addiction factor) is supposed to run with 'minor problems' under WineX
(recently renamed to Cedega) a quick look around their website
http://www.transgaming.com should provide you with some more details.

As for which one is 'good to go for' it depends what genre you want to play.
EQ is a 'fantasy' type setting, whereas Star Wars Galaxies is Sci-Fi
(surprise, surprise).  Hours of entertainment to be had for all.  Just
remember there's a real world out there too...

Oh and playing more than one of these wonderfully entertaining games can have
an adverse affect on your bank balance.
--
Regards,

Pete Evans