[Wolves] Using Unbuntu on a Windows network

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Fri Dec 3 11:46:56 GMT 2004

Unbuntu looks great, and we want to use it in the school here. We have a
Windows peer to peer network and need to get to files on Windows machines.

 From the box, Unbuntu can see the Windows network and see the machines
on it. I can browse the file system of another machine, but if I try to
edit it with Open Office I get the message:

Error loading document
file:///home/username/smb://networkmachinename/foldername/file.doc:

/home/username/smb://networkmachinename/foldername/file.doc does not exist.

Any ideas? I'd be grateful for advice.

Thanks in anticipation,

Mark