[Wolves] Ubuntu: Reconfiguring hardware

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Sun Dec 5 13:49:48 GMT 2004

Hi all,

For my dads christmas present this year, I want to solve the utter hell
he is having with Windows and install Linux on his computer. My question
is this, I was considering buying him a 30GB hard drive and then
installing Ubuntu on it on my own computer. Is it possible to then take
the hard drive, shove it in his computer and have it automatically
detect hardware and configure the system?

If this is not possible, I will just install it on his PC while I am there.

Cheers,

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer