[Wolves] Todays Laugh

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 14:31:40 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 14:01, sparkes wrote:
> Peter Cannon wrote:
> > Hi All
> >

> > P.S. The response from RH was "Why don't you unsubscribe?"
>
> http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2004-May/007462.html
>
> ;-) Mark E changing email addresses I think,
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&client=firefox&rls=org.mozi
>lla%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&q=site%3Alug.org.uk+unsubscribe&btnG=Search to see
> all the folks making this mistake.  The freelancers.net mailing list get's
> shed loads of these.
>
> http://www.freelancers.net/show_forum/20040928/135143.html
>
> But my favs are the autoresponders, they really get me wound up.

I'm confused by your reply. :-)

I don't think the guy wanted/couldn't unsubscribe I think he was under the
impression that he only got responses to any mails he alone sent rather than
getting everyones mails.

The comment from RH "Why don't you unsubscribe" I thought was a bit curt I
would have thought they would have explained how mailing lists work or do
like most people and refer him to a URL or Mr Google.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk