[Wolves] ntop

Lee Parkes leep at bogus.net
Wed Dec 8 15:09:51 GMT 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 03:01:43PM +0000, Peter Cannon wrote:
> we're gonna track down the machine" they haven't done it in the last six
> years so I cant see any change there Oh and Ive only been using Linux for 2
> Years so work that out!

What about trying MRTG? Do you have Cisco kit? What about info from the
switches? If they know what port you are plugged into then they can check the
traffic on a per-port basis. I know Cisco kit will give stats for each port.
Just identify each machine on the ports, do it via MAC address with PHB
watching, then monitor it over a period of time. Having the MAC address should
convince them.

Failing that try beating them all with the cluestick..

leep at bogus.net DOC #25 GLASS #136
You can never break the chain
There is never love without pain - Secret Touch, Rush