[Wolves] ntop

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 15:33:53 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 15:09, Lee Parkes wrote:

> What about trying MRTG? Do you have Cisco kit? What about info from the
> switches? If they know what port you are plugged into then they can check
> the traffic on a per-port basis. I know Cisco kit will give stats for each
> port. Just identify each machine on the ports, do it via MAC address with
> PHB watching, then monitor it over a period of time. Having the MAC address
> should convince them.

Excellent advice however you are talking to a fully qualified idiot Ive got
the analyst reports to prove it. ;-)

I think they know its not me I'm just an easy target.

> Failing that try beating them all with the cluestick..

Na, that'll be wasted here they're all highly qualified but when it comes to
internal stuff they've done that many bodges they cant remember what they've
done.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.