[Wolves] Mac or PC Laptop?

david at codepoets.co.uk david at codepoets.co.uk
Sat Dec 11 21:51:31 GMT 2004

>> Small
>> Powerful
>> Built in WiFi
>> At least CD writer, perferably DVD writer (must be built in, no
>> external devices)
>> Long battery life (>3 hours)
>> Reliable
>> Tough
>>
>> The budget will depend on what the spec somes up as, but the Mac is
>> 1300 quid
>> (not Pesos, rupees, or buttons :)

iBooks are only 750 quid ( i thinik )... unfortunately as Aq pointed out, the
airpoot express isn't supported under Linux yet ... as we've found out. While
we were buying ours (a couple of months ago) Apple updated them
(faster,cheaper
etc) - at this point they changed the wireless card to one which isn't
supported
by linux... the older version did work fine.

For what it's worth, Ubuntu works perfectly out of the box on it - apart from
the wireless card.

David.