[Wolves] keyboard article LXF

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 09:52:32 GMT 2004

Hi

I have just received this month's LXF and there is a
good article about configuering multimedia keyboards.
The article looks really good. The article is about
using "lineak" to configure such keyboards. I tried to
find if "lineak" is shipped with my SuSE 9.0 Pro but
it isn't.

I looked on the website(
http://lineak.sourceforge.net/ ) and there is a rpm
for SuSE 9.2. as my SuSe 9.2 is with Father Christmas,
I will have to wait until after Christmas!

I have a Compaq presario keyboard and it has 13 extra
keys that are at the moment dead. It would be nice to
assign some functions to them like Firefox, Kmail etc.
I'll let you know how I get on, or indeed if someone
else does their keyboard I would be interested in
knowing how they got on with it.

Cheers

Mo