[Wolves] A hot potato subject.

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:16:35 GMT 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:21:11 +0000, Stuart Beeson
<stuart.beeson at gmail.com> wrote:

> ive seen so many of those terminals in the Job Centres with Blue
> screens its unbelivable .got a mate who works for DWP IT support and
> he said the whole dam systems went down the other week all running on
> M$ Products  :oD .. and those TV's that are on the new Buses are
> running Win XP one crashed a few weeks back ... and it went back to
> the desktop .. i couldnt stop laffin me head off  was so bloody funny
> ... i think the goverment needs to look into a more stable system He
> He He  ..

Well, my wife now owes The Inland Revenue £2,000 because of XP
crashing.  Yes, it was because of the OS.  How do I know for sure?
Because the guy I spoke to at IR actually stated it was because of the
'bleeding rubbish Microsoft system they have to use continually
crashing'.  His words.  Great guy, I had a nice chat with him about
Linux and Open Source.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer