[Wolves] Mo killed my Modem :-)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 10:00:47 GMT 2004

Morning All

Well, having met Adam on sunday in Siberia I took charge of the project code
named Suse 9.2 fighting my way back to the Furher bunker I set to work
installing, as an upgrade, the said 9.2 over my working 9.1

I finished around 11.00pm Sunday night but couldn't play with it until last
night full of naive joy I fired up my system everything fine so I thought I
know I'll have a look at my mail and thats when it all went pear shaped.

The B&$@% thing refuse to talk to the modem there must be a problem with
Qinternet or Kinternet I deduce that because if I use the setup wizard I can
see the modem being queried (the lights start flashing) all my origanal
settings are there but when I click on the connect icon (Qinterenet or
Kinternet) it tries to start for a milli second then dies.

Ive mailed Suse/Novell but I wont hold my breath just thought I would pre warn
anyone else on a dial up who is about to upgrade to 9.2.

So, Mo, there was me being all smug when you had modem problems under 9.1 now
I've got the problem and its all your fault (Just kidding) :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk