[Wolves] Mo killed my Modem :-)

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:37:17 GMT 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:00:01 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Morning All
>
> Well, having met Adam on sunday in Siberia I took charge of the project code
> named Suse 9.2 fighting my way back to the Furher bunker I set to work
> installing, as an upgrade, the said 9.2 over my working 9.1
>
> I finished around 11.00pm Sunday night but couldn't play with it until last
> night full of naive joy I fired up my system everything fine so I thought I
> know I'll have a look at my mail and thats when it all went pear shaped.
>
> The B&$@% thing refuse to talk to the modem there must be a problem with
> Qinternet or Kinternet I deduce that because if I use the setup wizard I can
> see the modem being queried (the lights start flashing) all my origanal
> settings are there but when I click on the connect icon (Qinterenet or
> Kinternet) it tries to start for a milli second then dies.
>
> Ive mailed Suse/Novell but I wont hold my breath just thought I would pre warn
> anyone else on a dial up who is about to upgrade to 9.2.
>
> So, Mo, there was me being all smug when you had modem problems under 9.1 now
> I've got the problem and its all your fault (Just kidding) :-)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peter Cannon.
> peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
>
> "There is every excuse for not knowing
> there is no excuse for not asking"

Ooer.  9.2 arrived yesterday at our house.  I was just going to
upgrade my 9.1 box sometime today.  However, modem problems are
nothing new for me with SuSE so I'll persevere.  It's not even an
exotic modem either.  A plain old USR 56k external FaxModem.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street