[Wolves] lilo and how to fix a dooda

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 16:30:23 GMT 2004

 --- scared at geneforensic.mine.nu wrote:

> For some unknown reason (I wish that sounded
> plausible) M$ rewrote the MBR
> and now my LILO install won't play ball.   Does
> anyone know a nice simple
> way of resolving this situation?   I have thought of
> using a knoppix disk
> but could not get it to locate the lilo.conf that is
> on my Deb install.

Windows always rewrites the mbr so it's not your
fault. I haven't bothered with boot disks since
knoppix et al appeared and that is your way forward.

Just follow James' excellent instructions at

http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2004-April/006740.html

which is my bible in such circumstances.

Just mkdir the appropriate directory to mount your hd
on and then do whichever of the 2 methods supplied, I
always do the second one.

Are you the same Leo that used to come a few years
back?

Merry christmas.

Ad

=====