[Wolves] Upgraded to Hoary - stuck in 640 x 480

MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com
Mon Dec 27 08:13:51 GMT 2004

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Yesterday, I stupidly upgraded to
Hoary. I say "stupidly" because I did it when I wasn't really prepared for
the work I'd have to do. So, I got fed up when X.org wouldn't load because
XFree86 hadn't been fully removed.

So, I re-installed Warty - perhaps a
little rash, but without any way to get on the web, other perhaps than Lynx,
I couldn't get the info necessary to fix the installation I had.

Then I
upgraded to Hoary again. All well, except that I'm now stuck in 640 x 480
and the screen resolution tool doesn't give me any other options?

Any thoughts
anyone? It was 1991 the last time I used a PC at this resolution :)