[Wolves] K3B device permissions

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 31 18:16:16 GMT 2004

 --- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
__
> Just a thought, Mo.  The port (USB) isn't blocked in
> anyway is it from
> the BIOS?  I presume it has worked with Windo$e on
> the same PC?
> Failing that Imy next step would be to check the USB
> port permissions.
>
> After that I would probably do just what you are
> thinking of and get
> an internal drive.  The DVD writers are now fairly
> cheap.
>
> --
> Take care.
> Kevan Farmer

It was working fine with SuSe 9.0 Pro which I have
been using for almost exactly a year!!And never looked
back! :-)

I think its to do with the kernel's workings in that
it restricts access to SCSI devices. Although it is a
USB the system reports it as a SCSI connection.

I think I will get me a DVD writer with some money I
was given at Xmas for my IT fund!

Mo