[Wolves] knoppix/debian 7441

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 07:01:57 GMT 2004

> Anyone know why port 7441 is open on my knoppix come
> debian box and how to get rid of it? Also, bootpc ?
>
> Tried to install 2.6.2, had the best problem ever, it
> won't boot.  Not a nice simple, oh, i'll give you a
> kernel panic to work with... the screen is totally
> black! It goes through uncompressing the bzImage (I
> think that's what it does it kinda goes 'Linux' and
> loads lots of dots....) and then the screen goes
> black... and nothing more!

Try appending vga=normal to the boot options. This might help if you
expect to have a vesa framebuffer and haven't set the kernel up right...

If that doesn't work perhaps the kernel doesn't have vga / console
support, in which case check that you have the right selections for vga
console things, i know it's changed in 2.6, and have seen a few posts
(elsewhere) pointing this out.

David.

--

http://codepoets.co.uk/david