[Wolves] Where does MyDoom come from?

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 19:04:16 GMT 2004

 --- Matthew Revell <wolveslug at understated.co.uk>
wrote: > Adam Sweet wrote:

> >Remind him that SCO have yet to provide evidence
> that
> >any area of the kernel infringes it IP. The only
> code
> >sample produced (under duress) was traced to part
> of
> >Donald Knuth's Art of Computer Programming which
> does
> >not fall under SCO's IP, nor did it appear in the
> >Linux kernel and I think if I'm not wrong was in
> >public domain. At least this is true if my memory
> is
> >correct and my facts aren't now outdated.

Aha! A link, never thought I'd find where I read that,
I still don't know, but it is what I read. I think my
facts might be a little boiled down and jumbled, but
the story is principally the same, they tried to
conceal it with an obscure greek font to make it
harder to identify. It's from last August though, so
maybe a bit out of date.

http://www.perens.com/SCO/SCOSlideShow.html

Here is Linus Torvalds responses to the SCO claims

Quote from above, "They're smoking crack." Don't
include that on the BBC do they ;)

Who's behind SCO:

I could keep going with these, but I guess I'd have to
be willing to read them all myself and well...

And this is The Register's version of the MyDoom
story.

http://theregister.co.uk/content/56/35310.html

> Thanks for all the info.
>
> Matt.

Not a problem, I just read this stuff at work and
sometimes some of it sticks.

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk