[Wolves] Smoothwall with wireless router

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 11:14:23 GMT 2004

fizzy wrote:

>>Cable modem --> Smoothwall --> wireless router -->
>>end machine
>>

>I'll probably be shouted at for saying this, but do
>you really need smootwall and a router? Assuming your
>router does a decent amount of firewalling etc I can't
>see the need...

Well, I have been wondering. I suppose I hoped that I could set up a
proxy/web cache and a central file store on the same machine as
SmoothWall. Now I know that SmoothWall normally takes over an entire
machine, I don't really know. I don't like the idea of having a machine
drinking electricity unnecessarily. My router does have some firewall
capabilities, based around port access and the like.

I know that this is totally unrelated, but I'm listening to a radio
station run by theKompany and the song currently playing is called
"Choosing a farmer (part 3)", which to me seems to be the most
inappropriate name for a song, that I've ever come across. Why the hell
would you write a song, in at least three parts, about choosing a
frigging farmer?