[Wolves] Smoothwall with wireless router

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 12:18:36 GMT 2004

 --- Old Dan <dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org> wrote:
> Ah but /how well/ does it do it?

Bleh, it's an on off thing.

>http://www.snapgear.com/faqomatic/public_html/fom-serve/cache/31.html
>
> Now we don't know what sort of router it is so we
> don't know whether it
> has this capability do we?  I do know however that a
> lot of wireless
> routers most certainly do not.

The way it was explained to me statefullness isn't
necesarily a good thing, but quiz bambam on it
<italian accent> i know na-thing</italian accent> :)

> ...when it gets updated - which only happens as long
> as that router is
> being manufactured in most cases.
So when it stops being updated he gets a smothwall box
:)

> Yes it is.  See immediately above.
>
> Now wash your mouth out!  ;P

I see the argument for having a smothwall box instead
of a router, but are you really arguing that your
average joe needs both?

> Dan

fizz