[Wolves] Smoothwall with wireless router

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Sat Feb 7 08:06:06 GMT 2004

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
> I am that person :) If I can avoid SmoothWall, tho', I would like to;
> even if it's just at first. The reason for that is that I can think of
> better uses for a low end machine (eg central file storage) and I'd
> prefer not to have a machine burning electricity if I can avoid it.
>
> If I have decent firewalling on each machine on the network, won't that
> be enough?

Um, yes, but I'd advise against it, because if you have one firewall
then you won't *need* to ensure that every machine has it. Takes a
weight off your mind. Then again, I have lots of machines; if you
don't, then it's not such an onerous burden...

Aq.

--
"He's a liar and a sneak and he has uncleanly habits"
	   -- Belgarath, DLoK