[Wolves] SMP and USB

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Sat Feb 7 11:10:16 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 01:34, Steve Ruffles wrote:
> IMOH not true - have two dual processor pc's in our place - usb stuff
> works fine. What are they thinking of? Asus and MSI wouldn't build
> mobo's for two cpu's with usb ports on if BT wrere right.
> Cheers
> Steve Ruffles

There are some issues with usb/smp and certain mobo chipsets (VIA apollo
pro). early 2.4 kernels fell foul of these (there were also some issues
with 2.6.0-test)

However, there seem to be big problems with the acatel speedtouch ADSL
modem (BTs favourite) drivers on SMP machines.  Maybe this is were the
story originated.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk