[Wolves] Java Desktop

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 10:50:57 GMT 2004

Old Dan wrote:

>>> It's fucking Morphix with coffeecups added!
>>

>> Isn't that what I said a couple of weeks back? :)
>>
> Yeah, but you didn't say it forcefully enough - notice the word
> 'fucking'.  :)

Yes, I did notice it and, like an American telly viewer offended by
Janet Jackson's boob, I'm going to get all unreasonably offended.
Actually, no I won't.

> 1)  The skin they've put on gnome2 is pants, and...
> 2)  It has crashed (as in completely locked up, requiring me to reset)
> once already, so I can see why they're trying to sell it as a
> replacement for windows.  :)

Wow, sounds good.

> I think I'll keep my money and install something free like Debian
> thankyouverymuch Sun.  :)

Yes, I like their strategy: take someone else's distro, add some
instability and coffee cups to it (oh, along with Java and Flash), then
charge large companies for it.