[Wolves] Message from an old fart

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 11:54:52 GMT 2004

Ah Fizzy

They joys of innocent youth spew from this email!

In the good old days when a copper could clip you round the ear and
Ronnie and Reggie Kray where good guy's really who did a heck of a lot
of social work, we had to use our imaginations. ergo the archers is
Emmerdale but on the radio. I quite like the archers and funnily enough
my family and I where listening to it in the car at the weekend. My wife
and I had pretty much the same conversation (you're not really in fact
my wife are you Fizz?) I tried to explain that it was better as you had
to use your imagination to build the scene that is being played out to
you.

The key word is imagination no one seems to have it any more my two kids
hardly played with dolls or lego or any other inanimate object that you
have to pretend with, but give them an xbox or dvd or remote controlled
toy and my god they'll play for hours (you all know the old joke give a
kid an action man and he will ask where the on button is).

Woman's hour is mostly crap I'll agree however I believe it's popular
with the two remaining WRVS members.

Desert island disk can be good I bet you would listen if they were
interviewing Torvald or someone you admired.

Radio 1 was good but after the big purge 10 years ago I never listen to
it now, bring back radio caroline and Kenny everatt.

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 11:10, fizzy wrote:

>  --- Matthew Revell <wolveslug at understated.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > How so?! Radio 1 is filled with junk that is
> > intellectually
> > questionable, at best, apart from Chris Moyles, who
> > I admit to liking.
> > Okay, Radio 4's Today programme may be up its own
> > arse but there's some
> > really great programming on Radio 4 ... just about
> > the only intelligent
> > radio in the UK.
>
> In the case for the prosecution I present the
> following pieces of evidence:
>
> 1) Woman's Hour.
> (resisting urge to rest case...)
> 2) The archers - a radio soap about a farm, come on!
> 3) Desert Island Discs.
>
> Radio 4 does have some good stuff, John Peel, just a
> minute et al.  However, radio 1 just oozes cool, its
> evening programing is amazing, Zane 'I'm just too damn
> cool' Lowe and John 'totally uncool, yet cool' Peel
> rock, and the main point being.... it plays music
> (sometimes good music too!), radio 4 does not.
>
> fizz (worrying about his use of the word 'cool' and
> 'dude' in lug posts today...)

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk