[Wolves] Linux on the radio

Jon Farmer jonfarmer at enta.net
Mon Feb 16 12:16:59 GMT 2004

fizzy wrote:

> Radio 4 does have some good stuff, John Peel, just a
> minute et al.  However, radio 1 just oozes cool, its
> evening programing is amazing, Zane 'I'm just too damn
> cool' Lowe and John 'totally uncool, yet cool' Peel
> rock, and the main point being.... it plays music
> (sometimes good music too!), radio 4 does not.

"oozes cool".... says it all really.

10 Things good about Radio 4

1. Start the Week
2. Front Row
3. Moneybox
4. Dead Ringers
5. PM
6. The Archers (My colleague Rod told me to put that)
7. The News Quiz
8. Sorry I haven't a Clue
9. The Material World
10. Just A Minute

Radio 4 has also spawned a number of successful TV comedies such as Dead
Ringers, Little Britain, Goodness Gracious Me and Yes Minister (as I
recall).

Incidentally if you are into music a station that doesn't try to "ooze
cool" and as such is good is 6 Music.

Regards

Jon

--