[Wolves] How not to respond to a cry for help

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 15:33:31 GMT 2004

Hey you Guys & Girls

Take a look at this

I joined the Fedora list as some of you know usually I just look at them
and don't respond until I saw this mail.

My blood boiled and I sent this reply

I hope this self opinionated, smug, self important, big headed,
arrogant, I'm not going to swear but I want too, I hope he ends up
working for one of the people he trampled on in his early career and
they really stuff it to him!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey Brian

normally I sit back and just see whats going on but your mail jumped up
and bit me!

I take note you cover your back by offering apologies and get out of
jail "I'm sorry if this offends" cards.

1: If you know how to help this guy then help him.

2: Why do you have to have more experience to try/use Linux is it a
close shop?

The only way to get even with, or surpass Windows is to get more people
using Linux and not just a select few who jealously guard their
knowledge so that they are members of a select club!

I give you the case for the prosecution: Item 1

The problems you are encountering are simple and typical , so if you
could
not solve them in Windows, you would be lost in Linux.

That was helpful wasn't it? just a little tip Brian this LUG is were you
go for help.

> I am sorry to say this, but by the sounds of this message I would
strongly
Why not suggest a CD linux distro at least he could have a look without
going all the way.
> recommend you DO NOT install any OS other than Windows. I dont think
you are
> ready. Your reasons for wanting to switch just arent justified.
Windows XP
> surely does support 80GB+ drives, and I seriously doubt Windows is
trying to
> corrupt your BIOS!!??

Item 2

> You really need to get more experience with computers before you leave
> Windows. I am sorry if this offends you, and I seriously do not mean
to hurt
> your feelings. You would not be happy with Linux.
Oh no you can't our gang, but don't get upset I did say sorry!

I'm still frothing at the mouth too much to continue.

Regards
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk